Gubałowka

Thursday, December 4, 2014


















 Myself: Sweater [Zara].  Pants [Hurley/Nike].  Sneakers [Nike].  Sunnies [Dolce & Gabbana].  Backpack [Herschel Supply Co.].  // The Polish Man: Hat [Hurley].  Hoodie [Hurley].  Jeans [Levi's]. Shoes [Converse].  

        Hi all!  Welcome to Zakopane!  Zakopane is a pretty little town located in the very south of Poland at the foot of the Tatra mountain range.  It is not too far from the Polish man's home city, so he & his family vacationed there quite often.  My first trip to Poland (years back now), it was a place that he just had to take me to.  He told me we would hike, walk around, drink warm wine, visit…stop there...he had me at wine.  Back in the day, I wasn't too outdoorsy & wasn't really sold on the hiking part of the trip.  But, I'm always along for the ride.  So, we drove up the winding mountains & there we were out of the city & in this quaint winter town.  I was, at that very moment, taken back by the beauty & was 100% ready for all activities!
        I would have to say that it is now somewhere we always have to go when we travel to Europe.  I look so forward to packing my backpack & hiking up the mountains to enjoy a refreshing pivo sokiem while taking in the scenery!  This particular location is a smaller hike & is called Gubałowka.  (There is also a tram that will take you up the mountain if you're not too keen on hiking!)  At the top, there is a great restaurant where we typically enjoy that pivo sokiem I was talking about & some warm  kwasnica!  Its the best sauerkraut soup you'll lay your spoon into!  I hope that you enjoy the views!

No comments

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.