A Walk Through Old Town [Kraków]

Monday, November 21, 2016














Top [SheIn] Cardigan [J.O.A....last year...new version here]. Pants [Zara]. Booties [Lucky Brand]. Scarf [ASOS]. Necklace [Baublebar]. Sunnies [Celine]. Handbag [RM]
   Hello friends!  I'm back from my travels & now its time for some photos & stories!  I had attempted to post while I was in Europe about my day to day activities & sights....however, when you drink a little bit too much Polish vodka with friends & family, it becomes a wee bit difficult to accomplish posting.  I was happy enough I stuck to my goal of running every other day!  #weddinggoals.

  I was very grateful that we were able to go on this trip.  Wedding planning gets a bit expensive, lol.  We decided to make this trip more chill by going to places that were close, & didn't require too much traveling or new sight-seeing.  But, it doesn't seem to matter if you've been there before, because these places are so old & grand, that there's always something new to see!  On another note, its so fun for me to go to Poland because its become like a second home to me.  This is my fifth year going with the Polish man, & last year was the 1st year I could actually read the signs, & understand more.  Its crazy to think that you can go somewhere & not understand anything around you because the language is so different than English or Spanish.  Its eye-opening once you can read everything.  I feel like a child learning to read...but that was so long ago, I can't even remember that feeling.  Ha.  This year, though, I not only could read, I could communicate & understand 90% of every conversation around me.  It was freaking awesome!  Thus, why I made the commitment to go running  through the cities.  I know my way around by now & was able to go into the market on my own & order food, etc.  I can't explain what a cool experience that was for me this year!  And, I KNOW that it was amazing for the Polish man because he didn't have to translate 24/7. Lol.  

  Luju Euro trip always begins in Kraków.  For those of you who don't know, Kraków was the capital of Poland until 1596.  And, for a country thats been around since 966 AD, thats a loooong time.  Its considered the Royal City, as Wawel is the site of the coronation & burial of the monarchs.  We always stay in an apartment in the Stare Miasto (the city square).  There's something magical about opening our windows to people watch & hear the trumpet call that plays from St. Mary's Basilica every hour.  And, everything we want to see is simply a walk away from our location, including Wawel Royal Castle.  Yes, you've definitely seen this castle before on my blog, but it never gets boring.  The big beautiful gold dome, the bell tower, the powerful architecture...I wish I had enough time to soak in the detail in every brick...but, thats what makes it great being able to go back every year!  I always spy something new!

  Hope you enjoy the photos, there will be more to come over the next week!  Happy Monday!  

No comments

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.