Sunday at Marché Bastille

Sunday, November 23, 2014

















On Moi: Flannel Shirt [F21].  Leather Moto [Treasure & Bond//similar version].  Scarf [Tasha]. Hat [Etsy]. //The Polish Man: Tee [Volcom].  Leather Jacket [Calvin Klein].  Jeans [Levi's 501]. Backpack [Quiksilver].

     What is the best thing to do in Paris on a Sunday you ask?  Be a local at Marché Bastille. (The Bastille Market.)  It is only on Sundays & Thursdays & it is simply spectacular!  Part of our goal when traveling is to immerse ourselves into the culture.  We always try to go places that are not too touristy or trendy, but rather off the grid, local kind of neighborhood joints.  Yes, I love to shop.  But, surprisingly, my favorite part of traveling is eating!  Since the Polish man is a chef, it seems to become his goal to eat his way through a city.  (Picture here Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unkown, & you'll get the idea.)  So, when we were visiting France, we knew we had to try every stinky cheese & crispy bread we could get our hands on.  These were always washed down with a great bottle of wine, of course!
     I like to think that he has really opened my eyes to so much more than I would have ever eaten before.  Our motto is-he hands it to me, I try it first, then I learn what I have consumed.  I very much feel that eating certain foods is a mind over matter sort of thing.  And when visiting another country, you definitely don't want this to put a halt on your experience.  A big plus to visiting the market is the beautiful Colonne de Juillet located at the end.  It commemorates the July Revolution from 1830.  And, anytime I can see a piece of art history, I am a very happy gal.  
      Next time you're in ole' Paris, don't forget to stop by the open-air Bastille Market to tantalize your tastebuds!

No comments

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.